Dental implants offer a permanent and proven solution to missing teeth. They have been used since 1970, when it was discovered that titanium can bond to human bone.
The first dental implants were used for patients who had lost all of their teeth; but today dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth or multiple missing teeth, to support dental bridges and to secure dentures.
While most people think of dental implants as a cosmetic solution to unsightly gaps, the real health benefit of implants is that they provide not only cosmetic and functional improvements, but do a great job in preserving bone. They prevent inevitable loss of bone tissue resulting from tooth loss.
Dr. Yakubov, DDS, uses state-of-the-art techniques to make dental implant placement a safe and effective process. During your consultation, Dr. Yakubov will help you determine whether or not dental implants are the right solution for you, given the condition of your jawbone and gums.
All procedures are painless and comfortable thanks to effective anesthesia administered by Dr. Yakubov, DDS.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- By placing dental implants, a patient can avoid having spaces between the teeth due to tooth shifting.
- We no longer need to cut natural teeth to replace missing teeth.
- With dental implants, your adjacent natural teeth are left undisturbed, which provides long-term benefits to your overall oral health.
To the contrary, dental bridges and dentures both require significant alteration of the adjacent teeth, which must be ground down and crowned to provide proper support.
- Inserting dental implants immediately after extractions, we are able to preserve jaw bone and bony deformities in the future.
- Usually a patient may use the implants either immediately or in 4-6 months after implant placement.
- Placing just a few implants may significantly improve the function of existing dentures.
- It is often not required to even drill the bone, as the implant can be placed directly into the extraction socket.
Further advantages of dental implants are that they are more comfortable and convenient than dentures or dental bridges; they never decay, and with proper aftercare and hygiene can last a lifetime.
Cosmetically, modern dental implants look and feel more like real teeth than either dentures or a dental bridge.
Dentures are conventionally held in place by adhesives and suction and can shift, interfering with eating and speaking. The use of dental implants eliminates these problems, giving you more confidence and a more positive outlook.
The use of modern technologies makes the procedure of placing dental implants highly successful. The procedures are painless, fast, and predictable. As age is not a contraindication for dental implants, patients of any age can enjoy their benefits!
Modern dental implant procedures today have a success rate of 97%, by far the highest of any dental restoration solution. If you have already had conventional tooth replacement done, dental implants are excellent for supporting dental bridges and securing removable or fixed full or partial dentures.
Choosing a dental implant practice is one of the most important decisions you can make, and Dr. Yakubov, DDS,is one of the top implant dentistry specialists in the area. Since every patient is unique, we encourage you to schedule your consultation with Dr.Yakubov, DDS, and find the best solution that suits you best.